As President of Casavida, Renee Savage leads a team of real estate professionals in the management of a portfolio of boutique residential properties, located throughout San Diego County. She directs the firm’s strategy while additionally overseeing asset management, risk management, property management, maintenance operations, and client relations. She also oversees the continued recruitment and development of Casavida’s high-performing, property management team.
During her 30-year tenure with Casavida, Renee has held positions of increasing responsibility. She has worked with every client account represented by the firm and leverages her experience in all facets of residential property management to expand the Casavida portfolio.
Throughout her career, Renee has been actively involved in the property management industry. She currently serves as IREM International Secretary/Treasurer (2021), sits on the IREM Foundation Board, IREM Foundation Investment Committee, and chairs the Volunteer Leadership Presidential Task Force. Previously, she led the Governance Presidential Task Force, the Young Professional Presidential Task Force, and the Student and Academic Outreach Advisory Board, among other committees, boards, and task forces. She is a past president of IREM San Diego (2008) and past president of the Southern California Rental Housing Association (2005).
Over the years, Renee has earned significant recognition and accolades from the property management community. In 2019, GlobeSt.com named her the Gold Winner of the Woman of Influence Award for property management. IREM has also honored Renee with multiple accolades including the Exceptional Contribution Award (2014); the “Woman Changing the World of Real Estate Management” recognition (2013); the Presidential Achievement Award (2009); CPM of the Year (2006); Key Award (2006, 2001, 1998); and CPM Candidate of the Year (1999). She has also been recognized as a “Who’s Who in Real Estate” by the San Diego Daily Transcript (2009) and received recognition from the San Diego County Apartment Association including an Industry Achievement Award (2007), President’s Award (1999), and Regional Property Manager of Year (1996).
She currently teaches a property management course through the Master’s in Real Estate Degree program at her alma mater, University of San Diego. Renee grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys staying connected with her two adult children, traveling, reading historical fiction novels, and finding and enjoying new activities and life experiences.
Professional Achievements & Affiliations
- Certified Property Manager (CPM®), Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM) since 2002
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- San Diego County Apartment Association (SDCAA), Board of Directors (2021)
- California Apartment Association (CAA), California Delegate to NAA (2006, 2007, 2008); Membership Committee (2005); Education Committee (2005)
- National Apartment Association (NAA), California Delegate (2006, 2007, 2008); Membership Committee (2006, 2007, 2008)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR), Global Business and Alliances Committee (2021), Member: Affiliate Representative since 2019, Commercial Real Estate Research Advisory (2020)